Basic Funding Requirements
Imagine going to your local bank asking for a business loan. The bank will ask to see various documents demonstrating that you have indeed done your homework, and that the project in itself is a viable project to lend against. Project funding is no different. In order for a suitable funder to assess whether or not your project is worth funding, these are the minimum funding requirements you’ll need:
- An Executive Summary
- A Business Plan
- A Registered Company (a website will help)
- Financials (if not current then projected)
- C.V’s of project principals
- Our ‘application for funding’ form
- **Proof of funds (Most lenders will require POF) or able to pay fees.
- PPA’s and relevant licenses
Critical Components for Business Funding
Before a lender approves a project for funding, they will evaluate the mechanics of it. The business plan and financials should show the projects strength and performance in these prime key areas;
- Goals, vision and strategy
- It should be thoroughly researched and innovative
- The team should be qualified or have experience in the project sectors
- There should be growth (strong market for the products)
- Risk managed
When doing their due diligence, funders will often look at the following components:
- Cash and collateral available and sunk into the project (the more the better)
- Solid commercial agreements
- KYC – Risk assessments
- Credit worthiness of client and counter parties – credit scores, collateral, capacity and cash flow
- Credit Enhancement – private guarantors
- Promoters, credibility and history
- Loan terms and conditions
- Compliant and acceptable corporate structure
In-depth analysis, creative problem-solving and conceptual thinking and are parts of the service we provide to achieve funding success. Our job is to make the introductions and to represent your company well, connecting you to the right suitable funder for your project. If there seems to be no movement in your application, it might be worth re evaluating your business plan, funders can be rather picky!
**As we are experiencing unprescedented amount of enquiries, we are steering our clients towards the bank instrument route. You will be required to show proof of funds.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before submitting an enquiry.